Sunday, December 25, 2011

Family Christmas & Orca Bay Mystery

Yesterday we had our family in for lunch. All our our grands were here.w8

We opened our gifts in the afternoon.w10

McDonalds was a great hit!w14

Even the adults enjoyed the children's play toys!w11

Aunt Evie holds teeny, tiny, Tina for the first time.w12

Here's Paul showing my wonderfully whimsical quilt from Laura Wasiloski. If you haven't read the story behind this quilt you may do so here. w9

We fixed pizza for supper and had Angie's family, the Greg Martins join us.w13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Orca Bay
I got a few more stringed triangles done on my Orca Bay Mystery Quilt. After trying out 2 different techniques of sewing the strings I resorted back to Bonnie's telephone book pages for foundations. It's working great for me. I also got my 56 red squares cut out for the centers of the Ohio Stars. Maybe this week I'll have more time to sew!w7

6 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

I've just found your blog via Laura Wasiloski and I'm quite intrigued. I grew up as a Mennonite in Switzerland, and my mother is a born Graber. I wonder if there's any connection? Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and God Bless for the New Year.

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks like a fun CHristmas with all the little ones around at your house! It's amazing you have any time to sew at all with all those guests! Love the Laura quilt story!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Your Orca Bay mystery quilt is coming along fine. I used the telephone book pages too.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Wonderful Christmas pictures and love the red string blocks.

Simply Sandy said...

What a beautiful family. Those grands are so precious! You are blessed!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great holiday, and you're making a lot more progress on Orca Bay than I am!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...