Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall, Quilts, Christmas with the Grabers

This morning my design wall holds 3 projects. First on the left is 4 rows of my Orca Bay mystery quilt waiting to be completed. Next is a new project I'm working on for a challenge with my Possum Town Quilters. And the last project in the top right corner is a Tossed Nine-Patch that I'm helping Laura to make. We keep changing around the fabric on that one and can't decide what looks the best. We had a white with a little black print in place of the green but it got lost in with the larger squares. Any ideas out there?
IMG_5021
To see other Monday Design Walls go to Judy's blog.
Paul's mom keeps surprising me with quilts. She did the hand embroidery work on this one many years ago when she worked the night shift at the hospital.
a15

I love the lazy daisies and the goldenrod color she added for sashing and border. I'm so afraid she is going to have it all quilted before I have time to get up there to help her.
a16

A nice visit with Grampa Graber.
a14

Sweet little Kirby!
a11

Making an impression!
a13
a12

Chloe & Jeff
a10

9 comments:

PollythePatchworker said...

Sweet little Kirby makes me smile but I had to laugh at quirky Quinten.
I see you are linking into Monday design wall. I'm anxious to hear how it goes. Today Wava is coming at noon and we will sew for the day. She is working on a string quilt and I'm machine quilting Orca Bay and want yours and Barbara"s opinions so bad!

Barbara said...

Lovely family. Your quilts are beautiful. I love the colors you've used in your Orca Bay.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Hello, Julia. I 'found' you on an Orca link and have been watching your quilt progress. The way you've changed centers and the dark and light block placement is making for a spectacular Orca Bay quilt. I'm doing mine in Lime greens, yellows and blues and it will be called 'Sanibel' for Sanibel Island, Florida. This is such a 'busy' quilt, I'm sure your placement would greaty enhance the design on my quilt.

I've enjoyed looking through your blog and your sisters to look at all the lovely quilts and your glorious family.

marcella said...

Your projects are looking good! Wow, that is some beautiful hand quilting on that embroidered quilt! As always, love the family photos - those are some adorable little ones you have.

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love the embroidery blocks...they are gorgeous! I would love to hand quilt on that project!

Pattilou said...

The embroidery blocks are just wonderful. I like that sashing too.

Patti said...

Beautiful embroidery blocks!

Helen in the UK said...

The lazy daisy blocks are wonderful. The quilting is really adding to the design, which could easily be overwhelmed by a less empathetic design. Great job :)

Anonymous said...

I've read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you put to make this sort of excellent informative web site.
My web page Orlando fl hookah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...