Tuesday, January 03, 2012

This & That

I’m still sewing away on my Orca Bay mystery quilt. I’m about to finish up the Ohio Stars. One thing I changed from the original directions was to make the black blocks with blue centers instead of red centers. Since the finished quilt has been revealed I thought maybe a blue center would help bring out a diagonal look a little more.
IMG_4870

My sister Polly & I talked about swaping the dark Ohio Stars with the light Ohio Stars in the final layout. Can you see the difference it makes?



We had a lot of activity at our house over the holidays. The young people had fun singing around the piano & guitar.
IMG_4824

Laura came to teach kindergarten for our church school. She is boarding with us and graces us with lovely music often.
IMG_4812

My sister Coleen swinging with Ashton. “Put your right foot in, put your right foot out …. and shake it all about …”
IMG_4817

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching these two friends develop a close relationship.
IMG_4834

Two Katie Jo(s) at our house at one time. One a Schrock and the other a Clugston.
IMG_4840

Jason & Karla Schrock, Katie Jo, & Lia along with Audrey & Krisi Dickerson.
IMG_4844

Neil & Shelly Clugston with Katie Jo.
IMG_4847

Amy & Ashton check out a deer that Paul shot.
IMG_4865

Ashton helps Grampa fix his crib into a toddler bed.
IMG_4876

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see we had the same thought about changing the pattern around. It looks good!

Candace said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. I see the difference and I think they both look great. Did you have a hard time making a decision. I referred Amy from Amy's passions to your example as she was one of the ones (like myself) who got mixed up a bit on the instructions. I think your pictures could help her.
http://skattebo-skattebo.blogspot.com/2012/01/orca-bay-step-8-layout.html
She may still need to do some ripping, but maybe not as much as she feared. Thank you for showing that.

Helen in the UK said...

Oh, I really like your variation in the setting of Orca Bay. I'm still working on the later clues so could easily change mine. Thanks for sharing your ideas :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...