Friday, May 18, 2012

Bloggers’ Quilt Festival : Spring 2012

Thanks to Amy's Creative Side for hosting another fine Quilt Festival.

Amy's Creative Side


Laura's Quilt -- This quilt started out as a Tossed Nine Patch but became so busy you couldn't see the design. So, I found another idea from Film in the Fridge's Timber Quilt to use my 'already cut squares.' I sewed two red squares together to make the rectangle and then cut the chartreuse fabric squares into thirds for the narrow strips.

Since the quilt was wider than 44" I added a wide improv strip of the leftover scraps to the back to make it wide enough for the top.


The label was sewn into the back on top of the pieced strip.

I'm sure going to miss Laura. She's leaving today but plans to come back and visit, often, I hope!

10 comments:

Susan J Barker said...

red being my favourite colour this quilt would be easy to fall in love with!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

CitricSugar said...

That is just gorgeous! Beautiful job.

Mom said...

The red floral is very pretty~

Hope you visit my blog too,

margaret gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This quilt is beautiful! I have never seen one like it and I love the design!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love the lovely rich colours of your quilt!! It looks so warm and cosy! I really love the red mariners compass quilt in your little icon picture too.

straythreads said...

Love the rich colors
Ann

Sarcastic Quilter said...

The colors are just lovely on this quilt.

Marci Girl said...

What a great way to salvage a quilt that is going awry! You did a wonderful job!

QuiltinGal said...

Wow! How privileged Laura is to receive a quilt from you. I just love the way you can make beautiful quilt from something that didn't turn out the way you thought it was going to. You are so creative.

Eileen said...

lucky laura! wonderful quilt and neat to read how you changed it around. thanks for sharing and have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...