Monday, September 24, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Today I have Emily's airplane quilt on my design wall. She said this is going to be a slow process for her to get the whole alphabet in hanger talk on to this quilt.
 
And do you remember my "Jacob's Ladder" quilt from an earlier post here and here? Well, I started quilting it in the center and going out to the edges. I used 2 layers of batting because I wanted it to puff up. 
 
Not good, not good! The more I quilted it the worse it got. Aaarg!
 
So, ... I cut it up and started the layout all over again.
 
Just look at all the different ways to put the blocks together.


Now I'm to this point and need to keep at it until it is finished. No more changing my mind!!!
So, here's my Jacob's Ladder quilt on my "design floor."

Patchwork Times
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Creations by Nina-Marie

11 comments:

Denise :) said...

Wow ... both in the first picture and the last picture, your Jacob's Ladder quilt is super! I like the bold, vivid colors -- and the black really sets it all off! :)

Lori said...

You've got a great artistic eye!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love the airplane quilt and the words - what a great idea.

The recutting up of your Jacobs Ladder quilt - oh my - you are brave, but I LOVE what you are doing with it! Artistic eye!!

Gari in AL said...

When you said you "cut it up" it just took my breath away. But I really like that last layout. Now, finish it so we can see how it turns out. :-)

Robin said...

That Jacobs Ladder quilt is awesome and the different layouts are what make quilting so enticing!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Sylvia said...

nice way to save the quilt.

Nic said...

I like the new layout, but I liked the original one too. What made you cut it and try again?

Kit Lang said...

that cutting up thing reminds of Rayna
Gilman - love the new layout!

Anonymous said...

How brave are you! I love this process and have long wondered if I would ever be brave enough! You inspire me! I like the final result very much.

Quilter Beth said...

Wow, you are a brave soul. I'd like to think I'd be brave enough to cut up a quilted quilt, but I'm not sure. Yours looks fantastic.

Dar said...

Your are certainly braver than I to cut up a quilt that is already quilted and put it back together. I'm not sure how that's done. Are there raw edges on the back when you resew them together? I love your new design though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...