Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Work In Progress

I'm still working on Tina Sue's crib quilt.
 
I have the straight lines quilted and now I'm working on the loop-dee-loops in the blue diamonds. The blue thread doesn't show up much on some of the fabrics and it's hard to see where I've quilted and where I need to quilt. I guess I should have picked a thread with higher contrast.

And today I practiced a little to put Paul's name on his shirts. I used the coffee filter for stabelizer and it tears away very nice. The "Trucking" looks like "Tricking" and needs more practice.
 
This is our first year to plant cotton.

The fields are white unto harvest ...
 
Cotton makes wonderful quilt fabric, don't you think?
 
~~~ Parting Shot ~~~

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

Jacs Sacs said...

Those are the cutest little cotton-pickers I've ever seen!! What do you do with the cotton after it's harvested? Perhaps you will be quilting with your own cotton sometime soon.

Emily said...

Kuddos to the above comment. I think that last pic is contest material. Are you sure Amy didn't take it?

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your quilt... it's just gorgeous! And the cotton pickers are cuter than cute too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...