Monday, March 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday

IMG_0467

I haven’t done much with my projects that were on my design wall since last week. But look at what Mother has done. She has started making a crib size string quilt from some red and blue strips that I had left over from a string quilt.

IMG_0351

I can tell she is enjoying it so much. She just keeps humming & whistling at the same time, something that she does when she’s happy. A lot of my sister’s and I have inherited the same whistle/hum when we sew. It makes for a pleasant atmosphere.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Your mothers string quilt is absolutely beautiful . I can't wait to see her finished quilt.

Brenda said...

it's lovely. would you like to post it at our group blog, http://stringthingalong.blogspot.ca?
we lovely all things string-y. You can email me and I'll send you an invitation so you can post.

Rhonda said...

What a precious photo. I can see she is really enjoying herself and the blocks are just flowing along!!

Julianne said...

The string quilt looks like fun.

Gail said...

I love her string blocks. I should do some of these for a QOV quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh that looks wonderful! Great job!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How precious that you are getting to quilt with your mom. Beautiful blocks!
Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...