Monday, June 10, 2013

Farming, Traveling West, and Emily’s Cow

Life …

Since it rained and the weather turned warm we went to the field to “hear” the corn grow.
IMG_1632

Paul showed us how to strip the leaves down and dig inside the stalk to check the ears.
IMG_1641

Just a tiny little cob, only 1/2” long.
IMG_1663

And Gabriel claimed it had 18 rows of corn!
IMG_1647

Gabriel in his hog barn outfit ready to do the chores.
IMG_1665

We had our family in for pizza to visit with my family who came to pick me up for our trip West. The four oldest grands enjoyed their cake and ice cream while I sipped my decaf. coffee.
IMG_1672

I had lots of help in the kitchen cleaning up after our pizza supper.
IMG_1677

And then the house buzzed with talking and laughter until past bedtime.
IMG_1681

Sunrise on The Spirit of St. Oren.  See my sister Polly's update here.
IMG_1688

There are 8 of us traveling today. Ashton was sad to see me leave so he and Paul joined our group for a picture.
IMG_1694

Good-bye, Good-bye, Good-bye.  Safe travels for us and I wish you all well at home.
IMG_1695

…as a Quilter

Remember the small art quilt that Emily started here? Well, here she is working on it.
IMG_1550

She cut out her silhouette and fused it to the background then sewed around the edges.
IMG_1554

I’m guessing the size to be 16”X 12” and made mostly from cottons.
IMG_1555

Detail
IMG_1559

1 comment:

pens and needles said...

I love silhouettes of any kind -- have never seen one quilted, though! Love this idea! and I'm enjoying watching your family's westward progress -- such fun and great memories to be made all along the way. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...