Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday

Life …

Paul has been picking corn and running the grain dryer for the last couple days.
IMG_6049

This machine will help with all the field work that needs to be done.
IMG_6050

Hundreds of birds landed at the edge of the pond.
IMG_6064

IMG_6055

… as a Quilter

I started working on the cypress tree with moss here last week. I wasn’t happy that the moss didn’t show up more so I added darker fabric over the lighter pieces of moss fabric. Now the piece is ready to be quilted.
IMG_6074

The trunk of the tree and the branches with moss to the right of the trunk are quilted. I have yet to machine quilt the branches and moss on the left side and all the background.
IMG_6084

Here’s a close up picture of the left side of the tree trunk.
IMG_6085

14 comments:

Julia said...

That is a WOW!-piece. It's fusible appliqué, right?

Paula said...

Stunning. What thread are you using to quilt the tree? It looks fabulous and the variation in colour is great.

Celtic Thistle said...

Love the quilting, would be interested in knowing which thread you are using too.

Sandy said...

wow!! wasn't getting it at first, thought it was a painting, and then my mouth dropped open!! fantastic!!

PollythePatchworker said...

Julia I love the way you quilted the swirly gig in the darker piece towards the bottom of the trunk. You are quite artsie! Love it.

Anonymous said...

The addition of darker fabric really made it zing!

Kris said...

That is really cool!

Julia Graber said...

Yes, I used an assortment of fusibles for the applique. The thread is Superior's Rainbows in "Autumn Leaves" and "Salsa."

Rachel said...

Impressive.

Moneik said...

Such pretty quilting.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Goodness me, that tree is amazing!

Heidi said...

Love your color use and originality. Very inspirational!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love the depth that your thread gives the quilt. It is really amazing how it transforms.

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Schulz Family said...

visiting from WIP Wednesday. This is the most stunning tree I have seen in a long long time. Love it. What a lot of work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...