Saturday, August 24, 2013

Life and Fractured Quilts

Life …
Quintens pose for a family picture.
IMG_7468 1646X1452

Six little clowns!
IMG_7475

Talya loves to snuggle up to Clyde and use him for a pillow.
IMG_7478

… as a Quilter
IMG_7441

We each chose 4 identical panels of fabric and sliced and sewed and diced and sewed them back together to get the #fractured look.
IMG_7417

Marilyn’s ducks above and fish below turned out so cool.
IMG_7437

Here are some fractures from others in our class.
IMG_7439

IMG_7448

IMG_7440

IMG_7434

IMG_7451

8 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't heard of the fractured panel technique. Wow, the results are so unique. Really like how the floral panels turned out. I could definitely have fun with a class like this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Karin said...

Have not heard of this either...love the results. All of the quilt tops are really interesting to look at.

Karen M said...

I love your fractured blocks. I have never seen this before. I must try it.

Paula said...

Never heard of this but I love all of these!! (Especially the elephants!)

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I've never seen any quilts like these. They are amazing. I'd love to know how this is done.

Kathleen said...

I'm joining in with everyone else -- never heard of this! So bits of the image are lost by cutting in strips one direction and sewing and then doing the same in the other direction? Is it simply that, or is there more of a trick to it? At any rate, the results are quite beautiful!

Marianne said...

cool.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wonderful photo of all the little ones and those quilts are unbelievable! I have never seen this technique! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...