Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Harvest and Art Quilts

Life …

The farm hands discuss what needs to be done next.
IMG_8364

They needed me …
IMG_8356

… and Emily to help transport the combine headers west of Brooksville.
IMG_8359

Now Perry is ready to roll.
IMG_8379

He cut out a swath of beans for me to park the header trailer. I pulled around and tried backing up, but it didn’t work very well. So I unhooked it and let it sit right where it was. Then I went to pick up Emily further on down the road.
IMG_8385

… as a Quilter

Work in Progress – I continue to work on my “lily” quilt. After quilting the background, I fused on the black shapes and then marked lines to stitch the bottom of the lily and stems with my walking foot.
IMG_8401

Finished – Emily has finished another art quilt, “Soup’s On.” It is mounted around a 10X10 canvas stretcher. $45.
IMG_8387

Detail.
IMG_8389

Creations by Nina-Marie
Thursday




14 comments:

PollythePatchworker said...

What's the story on "Soups On". Where did Emily get her inspiration? Today Holly had off and spent the day with me. We are sewing a wall hanging together for Queena. It is a Christmas Tree that is paper pieced. Has bottons on for hanging ornaments. We need another full day to get the top done and then I'll need to quilt it. I'll send a picture a little later.

Fullfilling my Dreams said...

Julia, I do believe you can do anything, and now you have added truck driver and farmer to the list of all the other.

Lorna McMahon said...

We just had our beans combined this weekend. First time we grew them. Love the close up shots of your work, Julia!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I hope your harvesting goes well :) I'm looking forward to seeing more of your lily quilt and Emily's soup one is fab :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

your quilting, (and Emily's) is really beautiful. I love the detail in your pics.

I'm so happy you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Unknown said...

Gosh..I felt just like I was on the farm with you! LOVE soup's on!!! Incredible!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish and love the quilting on the Lily.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Emily has a great talent! It's beautiful!

Live a Colorful Life said...

So interesting to see such diverse aspects of your life.

Unknown said...

Soooo beautiful!

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

Oh wow! That quilting is amazing! I particularly love the detail in the last photo :) thanks for linking up!!

Lynette said...

I love it when folks share tidbits of their lives. Very fun seeing the harvest work happening. And you and Emily with your quilts - very creative! Love "Soup's On!"

Valspierssews said...

I love the Soup's On quilt. Your lily quilt quilting looks very detailed.
valspierssews@gmail.com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I hope you have a great harvest! Your quilting is beautiful as always! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...