Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sailboats III and IV

I decided to take a reader, Karen’s comment and idea and just bind Sailboat III and call it good enough. And now, I rather like it. The fellow there steering is my nephew, Scott.
IMG_0530
Sailboat III
$65 SOLD
7 7/8” X 10 1/2”
Materials: cotton fabric and an assortment of cotton and polyester thread
Techniques: fused and heavily quilted
Finished with “Fast Finished Triangles” and ready for hanging
IMG_0543  IMG_0544

And here is Scott again on Sailboat IV that I started HERE.
I like the effect the two layers of black tulle over the water give the piece.
IMG_0531
Sailboat IV
$125 SOLD
7” X 10”
Materials: commercial cotton fabric, cotton and polyester thread, black tulle
Techniques: fused, machine quilted and machine free motion quilted, hand stitched binding to back
Finished with “Fast Finished Triangles” and ready for hanging
IMG_0539  IMG_0540
Creations by Nina-Marie

December Finishes

10 comments:

Em said...

You made the right decision on both of them. Perfect. I didn't know Scott was the subject. Wasn't Gabe on the others? Now, do you have them priced?

Queenie Believe said...

Your sailboat series is wonderful.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Quilt Art Design said...

Love it! really beautiful.
Janeen@ Quilt Art Designs

LA Paylor said...

as usual the quilting is wonderful!
I also like the little identifying info triangles on the back, a lot.
leeanna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Julie. Beautiful pieces. I especially like how you handled the water treatments--both are very effective.Have a happy New Year!
best, nadia

Muv said...

Hello Julie,
I absolutely love the different treatments of the same scene.
Love from England,
Muv

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Now this is fabulous!! My beef with fiber art at times is sometimes I feel like artists don't necessarily show off their sewing skills when making their art...and art is forgiving so it's not necessarily mandatory. But this really shows you know what to do with your sewing machine AND you have a great artistic eye! For a girl who is mainly a traditional quilter who dabbles in art quilts...I have serious appreciation for this! I love it! :)

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Wow, those are great. Like Valerie, I tend to do traditional quilting and am in awe of fibre artists like yourself. Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

I love your Sailboats series! They are so beautiful! The quilting really accentuates and creates illusions. Very beautifully done! Thank you so much for linking up!

xo -E

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

They both worked out beautifully... Glad the idea stuck with you... Hope you are recovered from the water issues. Take care now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...