Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Shelves for my Quilting Thread

I have a boxed in place in my sewing room where we were going to mount the ironing board when we built the house and then be able to fold it up into the wall and close a door over it. Well, it never materialized and I like my ironing board parallel to the wall instead of perpendicular to the wall.  My sister Emily suggested that we put shelves into the empty space and set my pretty quilting thread there. So … we got the materials and yesterday Paul worked on the shelves.
IMG_0522

I donned rubber gloves and stained the wood.
IMG_0526

Paul used to be a carpenter, by trade, and build houses, so when he asked me for a  carpenters square all I had to offer him was my acrylic ruler for cutting fabric. He said that would work.
IMG_0525

Now, will this be a temptation for the grandchildren?
IMG_0579

7 comments:

Nikita said...

Oh now that is a beauty to look at everyday : )

Judy Dietrich said...

What a good use of that space!! I agree with the ironing board--I could not iron that way either. Now you can see your colors. Your sister has lots of good ideas & you are lucky to have her around!!

Martha Ginn said...

Great cabinet! Do you use Hugo's Magic Tape to keep the loose threads on the spools? I really recommend it.
Martha Ginn

Tami C said...

What a wonderful idea! It was great of Paul to help create a wonderful place for storing your threads. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Oops-Lah said...

How wonderful to have a husband who is also a handyman. The shelves look great and are very practical and useful too. Greetings from Switzerland. Vreni x

Queenie Believe said...

Looks great! An awesome Christmas present for the sewing room.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Clipping Path said...

ow thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...