Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Family Christmas

Life …

Our family was finally all … all 18 of us … all together for an evening meal.
IMG_0774

We invited Scott and Fred to join us.
IMG_0772

“Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” with Gina at the piano.
IMG_0788

“If only he wouldn’t cry when I hold him.”
IMG_0789

These pecans will make good cinnamon rolls and party mix.
IMG_0780

Rummikub is fast becoming a favorite game.
IMG_0785

I miss the singing and guitar playing that Dustin created.
IMG_0851

Amy and Ashton hang out with Dustin and Gina.
IMG_0867

Now that Georgi is 4 she gets to go to Sunday School and has graduated from a child’s car seat to a booster seat.
IMG_0828

During that cold snap not too long ago when our water pipes busted, there really was ice on the pond thick enough to hold a few small rocks, but nothing more.
IMG_0890

… as a Quilter

While Gina was paging through one of my quilt magazines she found a small modern quilt that inspired her to try to make it. I quickly encouraged her to pick some fabric, cut off the amount she needed,  and find backing and batting, before her enthusiasm waned.
IMG_0857

I decided that each of the children could pick something from our “stuff” instead of us buying Christmas gifts for each of them. Gina chose my quilt “Rice Paddies and Cranberry Bogs.” She thought she could use it in decorating their house.
IMG_0862

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing it must have been to have all of your children and grands together with you and your husband! It's something I have dreamt of for a long time. All but one of my 6 surviving children and all of the grands live too far away to come home for the holidays. You and Paul are very lucky indeed.

xo Linda

Terri in BC said...

I love a family table that includes all the little ones, and not having them shuffled off to a "kiddies" table. Beautiful family!

Wendy said...

What a great family celebration...we gathered at my moms this year and there were 32 of us in my parents small home...we had the best time...looks like you guys did too...love your stash of fabrics...and I am sure the small quilt will be treasured for generations to come.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...