Sunday, January 26, 2014

Silo Quilt Workshop

I had a fun day teaching these ladies how I make quilted fiber art from a photograph. I used my picture of a silo and showed them some of the techniques that I used HERE. Kerri sent me this picture of her finished piece yet last night. Job well done!
Keri's Silo

IMG_1102 IMG_1088
IMG_1094 IMG_1105IMG_1104 IMG_1089
IMG_1108  IMG_1092
IMG_1097 IMG_1083

Two of the ladies opted to use their own images and made these pieces.
IMG_1095  IMG_1099

To see my finished quilt "Silent Sentinel" click HERE.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
Needle and Thread Thursday
Pretty Bobbins
Live a Colorful Life

8 comments:

Emily H said...

I feel like I know these ladies:) they all did great jobs. Maybe it's because they had a great teacher.

QuiltinGal said...

Did you teach at your guild or did you have them out to your house? Looks like a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like they all had fun. Everyone did a great job. Sorry I was not able to attend. Julia, you are amazing.

Wendy said...

looks like everyone had a great time.

Sara said...

You did a great job teaching the technique to this group of ladies.

Love the last one with the tree stump:)

Rachel said...

Impressive!

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is really interesting. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

This is such a neat technique, and it looks like y'all had tons of fun with it!

Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...