Sunday, January 04, 2015

On My Design Wall

Now that I have changed out the white paper for the brown fabric to make a silhouette cattail bouquet arrangement, I’m struggling with the dark brown cattail against the spot of dark brown background.
IMG_6076

By moving the arrangement down and to the left (from my earlier post) making it look like there is more room between it and the lattice, it puts the bottom of the vase in the dark brown fabric. I hope that is OK. Maybe it would help to add 2 more cattails. I’m so undecided.
IMG_6077

Patchwork Times Working In A Series   Creations by Nina-Marie

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Place the cat tail lying down going the other direction, the head of the cat tail to the left of the vase. Adding more to the vase is pretty, but I do like it as it is. It is so pretty.

Ptquilter said...

I like it as is. The one moved down which makes it look like it's more on the window sill. In the picture, there is enough contrast between the vase and the brown fabric that you can tell where one stops and the other begins. Lovely!!
Judy

Debbie said...

Less is more in this case I think. I like the placement slightly to the left now. It is more interesting and realistic. The dark on dark gives a lot of depth. In other words....it is just perfect.

Denise :) said...

I totally agree with what Debbie said up there! Less is more and the cattails are darker enough that they are definitely distinct, even over the darker background fabric. It looks very realistic! :)

Stoney said...

Good morning, Julia
You have it just right!
Well, just right for me....
Thank you for sharing your process.
It helps me know that all of us go through similar moments of indecision.
You have a great start to the new year.

Cathy said...

I think it is gorgeous! You've done a great job.

Ramona said...

I agree with the other comments... how you have it now is beautiful. Your lattice is just gorgeous. Love this design.

Chris said...

The photo shows that there is enough contrast. It is beautiful.

Kris said...

Wow so cool. I think it looks pretty great. I like the additional cattails and the lower version.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...