Monday, April 04, 2016

Flying Goose -- "On the Way"

On my design wall this morning are 2 pieces, the flying goose which I call "On the Way," and "Bumbo." You can read about "Bumbo" here.

~~~~~~~~~~
Using patches from a fabric with clouds, I fused them on to a darker blue background. The background was then layered with backing and batting and heavily quilted. Then I fused the goose to the front and free motion quilted him to the quilt.

The back is finished with a hand sewn hanger and signed and dated in the border. I'm calling the piece "On the Way" as he looks like he is flying somewhere.
~~~~~~~~~~
Now I'm trying another piece. I cut patches out of the fabric with blue flowers on a white background. Then I laid the patches on a blue background fabric.
 

Then I laid the same patches on a white and orange background fabric.

Neither of the samples have a focal point. I'm thinking of adding some sort of silhouette, maybe in the orange or real dark indigo blue. What are your thoughts?

Patchwork Times

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...