Monday, October 24, 2016

Pine Belt Quilt Show



Life ...
I'm not used to hanging out the laundry; but when the heating element goes out in the clothes dryer, you do what you have to do!

... as a Quilter
Mississippi Ag Museum in Bloom
Five of us Southern Fiber Artists each made a section of the original picture. From the left the artists that made each panel are Marcus Weekley, Martha Ginn, Cathy Reininger, Yours Truly and Rita Warnock. We were pleasantly surprised with not only a 1st place ribbon but a small best of show ribbon at the Pine Belt Quilt Show in Hattiesburg recently.


I was tickled to have my sister June with me at the show. Her daughter Jolene is making a quilt just like this one that won "viewer's choice."

Congratulations to my friend Judy Stokes who couldn't be at the show. I stood beside her quilt and sent her a picture of her Best Machine quilting ribbon.

I was tickled that my "Twirly Birds" took a third place ribbon in it's category.

June and I liked the variety of all the dresden plates in this quilt. There's even small butterfly wings made of dresden blades.

And I was tickled again to receive a 1st place ribbon for my "Cattails" quilt. How fun is that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...