Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Daddy's Ties from Buck Hildreth


Life ...
Rusty was entertained for a bit with the mirrors on the medicine cabinet.

... as a Quilter
I finished the quilt I have been working on for "Pea Picker." I just love the way the light reflects and gives luminosity to the quilt.

"Daddy's Ties"
from the collection of 'Buck' Hildreth.
66"X56"
Each tie was picked open and ironed. Then I added a lightweight woven interfacing to each piece to help stabilize the fabric.

I quilted it with loop-dee-loops and then trimmed it and sewed on the binding with my machine. Then I hand stitched the binding to the back side.

The label

And then Mr. Jimmy (Pea Picker) came by to pick it up. I think he was as pleased as me.

Linking to
Nina Maria's "Off the Wall Friday" and
Amanda Jean's "Finish It Up Friday"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...