Saturday, February 25, 2017

Moving Dustins and Calico Ghost Town


The sunset was beautiful as ...

... Paul and I were flying to California to ...

... help Dustin & Gina pack and move back East.

While Paul and Dustin filled every crack and cranny of the U-Haul trailer ...

... Bryce and a friend, Allison had fun outside.

One last picture in the small backyard on McClemont Street.

Paul and I are driving Dustin's car back to Mississippi and decided to take the long way around. Today we stopped at an old ghost mining town near Baker, CA.

I doubt I was proper enough for riding a stage coach.



You can see the word "Calico" on top of the mountain.

I loved the old general store.

I'm so glad we have modern technology in dentistry today.

Paul enjoyed looking at the beautiful rocks in the gift shops.

Back in it's heyday, the school house also served as the church meeting house when the traveling pastor came around.

We took the walking tour of Maggie Mine.

I was impressed with the greatness of the bellows.


The Mulcahy Brothers lived here for 20 years. Did you see the quilt?


And I found this quilt in the Craft Shop covered with other things.

We really enjoyed being tourists!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...